Check SSC CGL Exam Notification, Application Form and Exam Dates for SSC CGL Recruitment 2017, at www.ssc.nic.in
About SSC CGL
SSC CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level Exam. The Staff Selection Commission was formed in the year 1975. The authority organizes this exam to hire applicants for different available posts in ministries, departments, and organizations of the Government of India. Thus, the Staff Selection Commission aims at selecting staff for different Group B and Group C posts.
Recently, the Staff Selection Commission has released the notification for Combined Graduate Level Examination. The registration has begun. So, candidate can check details about the SSC CGL 2017 Notification, Eligibility Criteria, Application form, Exam pattern, and Syllabus here on this page as well as on its official website www.ssc.nic.in .
SSC CGL 2017 Notification
The Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CGL Notification. The registration process for the same has begun. So, candidates who want to apply for the SSC CGL 2017-18 are required to fill the application form for the same before its last date of submission i.e., 16 june, 2017. The authorities of the SSC will conduct the SSC CGL Examination 2017 in three phases that is Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Interview, and skill test from 1st August to 20th August 2017.
SSC CGL Important Dates 2017
- Name of the exam: Common Graduate Level (CGL) 2017
|Availability of the Application form||16th May 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||16th June 2017|
|Admit Card release date for Tier 1||July 2017|
|SSC CGL Exam for Tier 1||1st August to 20th August 2017|
|Result Date for Tier 1||September 2017|
|Admit Card release date for Tier 2||September 2017|
|SSC CGL Exam for Tier 2||10th to 11th November 2017|
|Result date for Tier 2||December 2017|
|SSC CGL Exam for Tier 3||21st January 2018|
|Interview and Computer Skill test||February 2018|
SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for the same, candidates must have the graduation degree from any recognized university.
The age of the candidate must lie between 18 to 27 years.
The authority will give age relaxation up to 15 years to the candidate who belongs to the reserved category. So, visit the official website for details.
SSC CGL Vacancy Details 2017
|NAME OF Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Total Number of Vacant Post||9000+|
|Name of the Posts||
|Job Category||Govt job|
|Mode of application||Online|
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Date
|Tier 1 Exam date||1st August to 20th August 2017|
|Tier 2 Exam date||10th November to 11th November|
|Tier 3 Exam date||21st January 2018|
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern
- The Tier 1 exam will be a MCQ type i.e., Multiple Choice Questions.
- It will be through online mode.
- Furthermore, the paper is divided into 4 sections.
- There will be questions from General intelligence and reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- Candidate will get 100 questions in Tier 1 Exam.
- They will be of 200 marks in total.
- While the total time given to complete the exam will be 75 minutes.
- For every correct answer, the department will provide 2 marks.
- While for every incorrect answer, the authority will deduct 0.50 marks.
- The Tier 2 exam paper will be based on Multiple Choice Questions.
- It will be through an online mode.
- The Question paper comprises of 4 sections including the Quantitative ability, English language, Statistics, and general Studies.
- Candidate are required to attempt the Quantitative ability, English and Comprehension which are the compulsory subjects.
- Whereas the authority will give General studies paper only for those candidates who had applied for Audit Officer post.
- The time duration of the paper- 2 hours.
- Total marks- 200.
- For every correct answer, the candidate will get 2 marks and for every wrong answer, the authority will deduct 0.25 marks.
- The Tier 3 Exam paper is descriptive type.
- It will be through offline mode.
- The applicant has to write long essay and letter.
- It will carry 100 marks.
- Candidate has to attempt all the questions within 60 minutes time period.
- Tier 4 is the Data Entry Skill test or you can say Computer Proficiency Test.
SSC CGL 2017 Selection Process
The Staff Selection Commission will select the candidate based on his or her exam performance in these selection exams. So, the candidate has to qualify Tier 1,2,3,4 in order to get selected. After the selection processes, the candidate will then be eligible for the document verification round.
Official Website: www.ssc.nic.in