Check all the details related to NEET 2017 – admit card, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus and result declaration – available here.
The authority has released NEET 2017 admit card on 22nd April 2017. The CBSE board organises NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) – a national level medical entrance test. Therefore, it provides admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, taking place once a year in the month of May. Candidates will qualify the exam on the basis of their score. Furthermore, the board will count appearance in NEET 2017 as first attempt. Here, candidates can check the most noteworthy details and latest updates about NEET 2017 including application form, exam dates, exam pattern & syllabus. So, candidates must go through the entire article in order to get all important information.
Something New in NEET 2017
- Candidates may attempt NEET exam only 3 times until they cross the maximum age limit of 25 years for general. Whereas 30 years for reserved categories. The board will count NEET 2017 as 1st Attempt for all the candidates.
- Read here – NEET-attempt-official notice 2017
- Therefore, those who have made 3 attempts prior to 2017, must note that the board will consider NEET 2017 as 1 Attempt for all the candidates.
- As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017 (except AIIMS & JIPMER). All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET exam only.
- NEET 2017 will involve 10 regional languages including English, Tamil, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Assamese, Bengali, , Odia, Kannada and Telugu. So, candidates can write in any language.
- Furthermore, all Indian candidates should possess ADHAAR card issued by UIDAI. Because at the time of filling application form of NEET 2017, the candidates will have to enter their ADHAAR number, name as well as date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data. If, these particulars do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for NEET 2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details.
Exam Dates- NEET 2017
The authority has released the NEET 2017 Application form. So, candidates are suggested to stay tuned to our website- www.govtjobsection.com for latest updates about NEET exam.
|Application Form Released (For above 25 years’ candidates)||1st April 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form (For above 25 years’ candidates)||5th April 2017|
|Admit Card Release Date||22nd April 2017|
|NEET 2017 Exam Date||7th May 2017|
|Result Declared||8th June 2017|
|NEET Counselling||After Result Announcement|
NEET 2017 Admit Card
The authority has provided NEET Admit Card 2017 via online mode on the official website of NEET. Therefore, the admit card is available since 22nd April 2017. So, candidates can download it. Candidates should note that the admit card will not be sent by post. Furthermore, the admit card contains some most noteworthy exam related details like exam date, exam center, name and roll number of the candidate.
The entry in the exam hall will be permitted at 7.30 am. While, the admit card verification process will commence from 9.30 am to 9.45 am. So, students must reach the examination venue on time. Furthermore, entry in the examination hall will close at 9.30 am.
NEET Exam Pattern
The examination will be held on 7th May 2017. While the exam pattern is given below:
- Courses: MBBS/BDS.
- Number of Questions: The question paper will contain total 180 multiple choice questions (MCQ) with single correct answer.
- Subjects: The paper will be from subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany.
- Language: Furthermore, the question paper will be available in 10 languages mentioned above.
- Mode of Exam: The authority will conduct the exam in offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2017 Syllabus
- NEET syllabus comprises of four subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
- It will comprise of 11th & 12th board (CBSE & NCERT) academic syllabus.
- While some questions may be from the other board’s syllabus also.
So, candidates should also gather the complete information about the officially prescribed NEET syllabus 2017 before preparing the exam.
NEET 2017 Application Form
- The application process had started from 1st of April, 2017.
- While, the last date to fill the application was 5th April 2017.
- It was an online procedure.
- So, candidates have successfully applied for the same.
NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria -mentioned below:
- Nationality: Candidates should be an Indian citizen or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- Aadhar Card: Aadhar card is mandatory for all candidates except those belonging to Assam, J&K and Meghalaya state.
- Age Limit:
Minimum – The minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Maximum – The maximum age limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for reserved categories.
- Attempts: Candidates may attempt the exam only 3 times until they cross the maximum age limit. Furthermore, NEET 2017 will be 1 Attempt for all the candidates.
- Qualification: Students must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with PCB /Bio-technology or any other elective subject with English.
- Percentage Criteria: Students must have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB group for general candidates.
- 45% (for general PH) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC categories).
Seat reservation for different categories is given here:
Category Seat Reserved
- SC (Schedule Caste) 15%
- ST (Schedule Tribe) 7.5%
- OBC–Non Creamy Layer 27%
- Physically Handicapped (PH) 3% seats (on horizontal basis)
NEET 2017 Result
The CBSE board shall publish the result on 8th June 2017. Students can check the NEET Result 2017 through the official website. So, students are suggested to take printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission procedure. The authority will prepare a merit list for admission on the basis of student’s marks in the entrance examination. Hence, the authority will provide colleges accordingly. NEET 2017 Result. Furthermore, authority will announce NEET counselling date probably after the result declaration.