Top Free Resume Tips for Creative Fields
Creative jobs are the ones like a Creative Writer, Designer, Art Director, Sculptor, Painter etc. As the terms itself suggest these jobs are more personality and portfolio oriented. So how do we write a perfect Resume for Creative Jobs? Well firstly, your resume should only be a targeted resume, as creative jobs differ in requirements and skills, so should your resume. If you are someone looking to bag a creative job in India this article is for you.
Top free resume advice for Creative Jobs
Here we give the best Resume Writing tips and samples for creative professionals –
- It’s important to choose the correct format. Unless you are an experienced professional it is not advisable to go for the chronological resume. The functional format or the combination format should be more suitable, read about the different resume formats. In case you are a filmmaker, writer, cinematographer or a Copywriter, you can also opt for the Non-Traditional resume if specified accordingly in the job description.
- In a cv/resume for creative jobs it’s very important to include a section where you will list out your portfolio links. If you are photographer or a writer hiring managers would really appreciate a personal site. If you have mention it right now and make sure that it is free of any irrelevant details.
- Make it interesting. In a profession where your personality and presentation plays a huge role, leave no stone unturned to write why your way of work will be beneficial for the company. Write a resume for creative professionals in a way the hiring managers gets an idea of what you can contribute.
Free resume tips for media professionals
- The choice of a cover letter depends on the candidate. If it is anywhere mentioned in the Media Jobs Description, go for it. Write a profile summary in short.
- Quantify your achievements, don’t write ‘My breakthrough performance helped the newspaper double its readership.’ instead write ‘My breakthrough performance helped the newspaper attain a readership of 1lac from 70,000 previously.’
- In your resume for a creative job mention your extra-curricular skills relevant to your desired position. Also since Journalism is an experienced based profession, leave out on the irrelevant academics and instead write about any experiences you think will help in bagging the job. Through your cv for a media professional (or any other creative professional) try to market the professional in you.
- If you are writing a resume for a media fresher you of course will not have any prior experience or even if you have that will be little so don;t hesitate to write about your academics or small projects, certificates or any writing and/or speaking competitions which are worthy of a mention.
For your ease of writing a cv/resume for a creative professional we also give you the Top Free Resume samples for Creative Jobs.