Top in-demand career options for Class 12 PCB students
The decision one makes after class 12 generally shapes his/her career. So it is very important for a student to be completely careful while deciding. What helps at this time is to know what are all the career options available after the subject you have studied in school. If you are reading this article we can be certain that you had taken PCB in your class 12. So we will, in this article tell you about the best career options for PCB after class 12. This article will thus help you in having a better vision at the available options. It will also ease your process of deciding the career option after class 12 with PCB for you.
Latest Career choices for PCB students after class 12
Here is a list of the best career options for PCB after class 12 –
- Botany – This stream is for those wish study on plants, their structure, processes, growths, etc. Those studying Botany can conduct research for discovery of new species. It also involves studying the co-existing of plans with various organisms.
- Job Oppurtunities: Landscape Industries | Natural Resource Centres | Environmental Consultancies | Researcher | Teacher/professor | Taxonomist | Horticulturist | Nursery Manager | Environment Consultant
- Top Universities/Colleges: Delhi Universities, Mount Carmel College, Christ University, Presidency College, St. Joseph’s College, Loyola College, St. Xavier’s College among others.
- Zoology – This career option for PCB students involves the study of the animal kingdom. The job of a zoologist is spread on analyzing the life process, structure, physiology, genetics, and interactions of various species. The observe in detail, the animals in their natural environment as well as enclosed labs.
- Job Opportunities: Researcher | Wildlife rehabilitator | Animal Breeder | Conservationist | Wildlife Biologist | Zoo Curator conservationist | Teacher/professor etc.
- Top universities/college: Presidency College, Xavier’s College, Oxford College of Science, Christ University, Delhi University (Various Colleges), St. Albert’s College, Madras Christian College, Loyola College among others.
- Microbiology – this career option for class 12 students with PCB involves the study of microscopic organisms such as bacteria, fungi, viruses etc. They also study how these species co-exist with different organisms such as humans, plants, animals etc. The job here is to conduct research programs and investigate how these microorganisms affect our lives. The sub categories or specializations in this field are Virology, Bacteriology, Parasitology, Mycology etc.
- Job Opportunities: Clinical researcher | Research scientist | Lab technician | Quality control | Working in pharmaceuticals | Health sector | Food industries | Breweries | Distilleries | Agriculture, etc.
- Top universities/college: Ethiraj College for Women, The Oxford College of Science, Delhi University (Various Colleges), Fergusson College, Madras Christian College, Osmania University, Punjab University etc.
Career in Biochemistry for class 12 PCB pupils
- Biochemistry – In this branch of science you study the chemical processes and reactions occurring in living organisms. This is again one of the most sought after career choice after class 12 for PCB students. This is lab-based study and uses the knowledge of both biology and chemistry. As students solve biological poblems using chemical know-how.
- Job Opportunities: Biomedical scientist | clinical laboratory technologist | pharmaceutical sales representative | research scientist | toxicologist | forensic scientist | lab technician, medical coder | patient care coordinator | healthcare scientist | consultant | teacher/professor, etc.
- Top Universities/Colleges: Delhi University (Various Colleges), Presidency University, St. Xavier’s College, Aligarh Muslim University, Banaras Hindu University, Fergusson College, Christian Medical College among others.
- Environmental Science – this particular career option after class 12 with PCB deals with the chemical, physical and the biological components of the environment and their interactions with one another. Professionals in this field investigate issues of the environment such as ozone depletion, global warming, water pollution, waste management, etc. They also find solutions to deal these problems.
- Job Opportunities: Environmental scientists are hired for research and other roles by various industries such as mines, water-treatment plants, fertiliser plants, etc. and different government departments and agencies such as forestry, pollution control board, agriculture, etc.
- Top Universities/Colleges: Delhi University (Various Colleges), Mount Carmel College, Fergusson College.
Top free career advice for PCB students after class 12
- Genetics – here you study genetic variations, genes and their functions, mutations and heredity of living organisms. Professionals in this field study genetic anomalies, diseases, mutations, traits, interactions of genes with their environment, how genes are transmitted etc. They also apply their knowledge to areas such as treating patients.
- Job Oppurtunities: Geneticist | Immunologist | Cytogeneticist | Forensic DNA analyst | Medical technologist | Pharmacologist | Clinical research associate | Research scientist etc.
- Top Universities/College: Bangalore City College, The Oxford College of Science, Guru Nanak Dev University, Osmania University, Kurukshetra University, Institute of Genetic Engineering.
However, colleges offering this stream is less in India, thus, it is preferred to pursue to it abroad.
- Physiology – It is the study of activities and mechanisms of living organisms, bodily functions, especially humans. Here you study on a variety of topics including anatomy, organs, biological compounds, muscles and cells. In addition to studying human physiology, the other streams include cellular physiology, plant physiology, microbial physiology, etc.
- Job Opportunities: Clinical-exercise physiologist | Physiotherapist | Researcher | Biomedical scientist | Sports physiologist | Teacher/professor etc.
- Top Universities/Colleges: Presidency University, Manipal University, University of Calcutta and University of Madras.
Career in Marine for PCB students after class 12
- Marine Biology – this career chocie for class 12 biology students is about studying the Marine Life. The contents include marine organisms, their interactions with the environment including their behavior. Another career related to this is Fishery Science. Marine biology is quite diverse,there is no job by the title of “marine biologist” and this job can be bagged by anybody working closely on the Marine Life.
- Career Opportunities: Aquaculturist | Fishery biologist | Environmental consultant | Researcher, etc.
- Some Top Colleges: University of Madras, Indian Maritime University, National Institute of Oceanography, Pondicherry University.
- Biotechnology – This stream combines technology and biology. Professionals in this field work to improving crop yields, improve our life, including developing cleaner and safer fuels, improving the production of food items, developing drugs to deal with deadly diseases, etc.
- Job Opportunities: Pharmaceuticals | Healthcare | Genetics | Clinical research | Agriculture | Animal husbandry | Nutrition | Cosmetics | Marine biotechnology | Environmental conservation | Waste management | Sales and marketing | Quality control | Administration | Laboratory assistant | Field technician.
- Top Universities/Colleges: Madras Christian College, Fergusson College, Jamia Milia Islamia, Mount Carmel College, Manipal University, Presidency University, Loyola College, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Christ College.
- Allied Medicine – If you wish to pursue a Medical career after class 12 PCB, yet are not up for M.B.B.S, then the Allied Medicine is for you. It’s a wide spread field that consists of different opportunities that are distinct from doctors but includes assisting the doctors at work . These include a wide range of careers such as Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Medical Lab Technology, Audiology, Radiology, Clinical Research, etc.
- Job Opportunities: Pathology labs | Medical lab technologists | Physiotherapists | Occupational therapists | Radio technicians | Optometrists | Clinical Researchers | Public health administrators | Management and administration of hospitals
- Top Universities/Colleges: Jamia Hamdard University (Optometry), AIIMS, Indian Institute of Public Health and Tata Institute of Social Sciences among others.
So there were the best career options for a class 12 PCB student. There is an array of options for every stream now. All you need is to prioritize what’s important for you, learn about the options and decide accordingly. If you are a class 12 PCM student read about career options here!
Choose your career after Class 12 in PCB wisely!